PRIME MINISTER’S SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME UNDER
NATIONAL DEFENCE FUND
1. To encourage higher technical and professional education for the wards of widows and ex-servicemen of Armed Forces, Govt of India has introduced a new scholarship known as the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme from the Academic year 2006-07, paid out of National Defence Fund.
2. Persons eligible for the scholarship
(a) Wards of ex-servicemen and their widows (below officer rank).
(b) Wards of widows of ex-servicemen died in harness due to causes
attributed to military service.
(c) Widows of ex-servicemen died in harness.
(d) The scheme is open only for widows and unmarried wards of
ESM/widows. However, marriage/re-marriage at a subsequent date would not
disqualify the awardee.
3. Courses eligible for the Scholarship: * First professional degree programme in engineering, medicine, dental, veterinary, MBA, MCA, Pharma, Nursing, B. Ed, M Ed, BPED, MP Ed, UG/PG in physiothraphy and Law etc. duly recognised by the respective government regulatory bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India etc.
* Means only those who got admission in first year in the academic year 2006-07 and subsequently.
Note. Diploma course are not eligible. However PGDBM recognised by UGC as equal to MBA is eligible.
4. The scheme is open for courses mentioned above in recognised institutions irrespective of its location in the country vis-à-vis the residence/domicile of the wards of the ESM/widows.
5. At least 60% marks at the 10+2 level for the initial sanction. For renewal in subsequent years, 50% marks each year.
DURATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
6. Two to five years as approved by the concerned regulatory body for that programme.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP
7. The amount of scholarship would be as follows:
(a) Rs.1250/- per month for boys. (Paid Annually)
(b) Rs. 1500/- per month for girls. (Paid Annually)
HOW TO APPLY .
8. Every year advertisement, inviting application from the eligible wards/widows of ESM, will be given in the month of May/Jun in the national dailies and other leading Vernacular news papers.
9. The broucher –cum- application forms are to be downloaded from the DGR website: dgrindia.com under the heading Kendriya Sainik Board at Serial No 27.
10. Incase of difficulties in down loading the application, it can be obtained from KSB by sending a demand draft for Rs 30/- in favour of secretary KSB payable at Delhi.
11. The applicant is to fillup the application, strictly, as per the instr given in the broucher. He is to ensure that all the requisite documents are attached alongwith the application as per the checklist.
12. All queries please contact :-
Joint Director Training and Scholarship
KSB, MoD, West Block –IV Wing -V
New Delhi – 110066
Tele - 011 26715250
E-mail - email@example.com
Note. All incomplete application will be rejected.
13. The payment of scholarship will be granted after the successful completion of each academic year, as per the percentages mentioned in the academic requirement.
The amount of scholarship including any other scholarship or financial assistance from any other source will not exceed the total amount of scholarship available under this scheme.
All students are to open Bank account in the banks with the Electronic Transfer facility (E transfer) from any bank in New Delhi. This would facilitate error free transfer of the scholarship money and avoid delay in receipt. The detail of the bank account is to be intimated to the KSB, in the application form.
RENEWAL OF SCHOLARSHIP
14. Once the scholarship is awarded, the candidate is required to apply for renewal of scholarship for the subsequent year in the prescribed proforma, (attached with brochure). A certificate from the College/Institute indicating that the candidate continues to study in the subject course and State of Marks indicating the percentage is a mandatory requirement. The details of the students would also be verified by the KSB through the RSB/ZSBs.